Committed to providing you with reliable service
From offices in North Shelby County, Alabama, in greater Birmingham, Steven P. Gregory maintains a local focus but a nationwide presence. With 24 years of experience, Mr. Gregory has the necessary skill and knowledge to help you resolve your legal problem.
The focuses of the practice are:
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Securities Litigation/Securities Arbitration
- Immigration Law
- Class Actions and Complex Litigation
- Aviation Law and Litigation
- Business and Commercial Litigation
Please read the profile to learn more about Mr. Gregory’s education and professional background.
Note to Potential Clients: I am a sole practitioner with no permanent assistant, receptionist or clerk. Most of the time, I work in an office above the garage at my home. In contemporary legal circles, this arrangement is sometimes called a “virtual law practice.” Nevertheless, if your legal matter warrants, drawing on almost twenty-five years of experience, I am able quickly to assemble a team of co-counsel and temporary staff to provide you with the legal services you need.
When you call for an appointment, you will either speak directly to me or you will reach my voice mail. If you reach me directly, I will interview you briefly about your legal problem and either make an appointment for you or, if your issue is in an area of law outside my interests or expertise, refer you to another attorney. If you reach my voice mail, please do leave a message with your name, a brief explanation of why you’re calling, and your telephone number. I will usually call back by the next business day.
In the Birmingham area, I meet clients by appointment at the Regus facility in Meadow Brook just off Highway 280 near the Meadow Brook post office. The address is 2700 Corporate Drive, Suite 200, Birmingham, Alabama 35242. I can also make arrangements to meet you at one of the four other Regus facilities in the Birmingham area. Outside of Birmingham, I will arrange to meet you in a Regus center in your city if one is available, in another law firm’s offices, or elsewhere.
The cost for an initial consultation for most legal matters is fifty dollars, payable by cash, check, or credit card. The initial consultation usually lasts around forty-five minutes but may take longer. I cannot offer free legal advice or consultation by telephone.
There is no cost to evaluate a class notice or any potential lawsuit or lawsuit defense.
Mr. Gregory is knowledgeable in multiple areas of law.
The Gregory Law Firm, P.C. has a thorough understanding of Alabama and federal law in his areas of practice. Mr. Gregory will work hard to help you get the best possible results in the following practice areas:
- Securities Arbitration and Litigation: A former stockbroker and Series 7-licensed registered representative, Steven Gregory has served as a FINRA arbitrator and mediator since 1995, has been appointed to almost one hundred FINRA panels, and has represented both investors and registered representatives in securities arbitrations. One of the few securities lawyers in the United States with experience inside the securities industry who also serves as a FINRA arbitration panel member, Mr. Gregory knows securities arbitration from the inside as well as from the perspective of an advocate. Moreover, Mr. Gregory has served as counsel in numerous securities fraud class actions in federal courts around the country.
- Immigration Law: The Gregory Law Firm provides full immigration law services for individuals and business, including marriage and family-based immigration (I-130, K-1 and K-2 visas), citizenship for spouses and children of members of the United States military, immigration petitions for victims of certain crimes under the “U” visa program, adjustment of status for permanent residence in the United States (I-485), other temporary visas and work authorization, naturalization and citizenship, removal (deportation) proceedings, asylum applications, and other matters.
- Complex Litigation: Complex litigation, including class actions, shareholder derivative litigation, and antitrust litigation, requires deep knowledge of both procedural and substantive issues. Mr. Gregory has practiced in these areas over his entire 24 years of law practice, has appeared on numerous occasions before the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (MDL), and has been appointed lead counsel in numerous class action proceedings.
- Arbitration and Mediation: Mr. Gregory is one of the most knowledgeable and seasoned lawyers in Alabama in the areas of alternative dispute resolution, mediation and arbitration. He has been appointed to almost one hundred arbitration panels and has been chosen by the parties and their counsel to chair at least half of those panels. Mr. Gregory has also served as a mediator on numerous cases encompassing a wide variety of legal issues.
- Business Litigation: As a business owner, it is likely that you will encounter a dispute with a client, a contractor, a counterparty, or a lender. The Gregory Law Firm can help your business resolve such disputes now and incorporate practices designed to help your company avoid them in the future. With the help of an assertive business litigation attorney, you can secure the future of your company.
- Aviation Law and Litigation: As an active private pilot since 1986, a former aircraft owner, and present member of a large flying club, Steven Gregory has served the legal needs of pilots, airplane owners, and members of the public with regard to a number of legal issues in aviation. He is a member of the panel of attorneys maintained by the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and can assist pilots and aircraft owners confronted with problems or questions arising from customs matters, FAA enforcement, and sales and purchases of aircraft as well as tax and other regulatory issues. Moreover, his experience in products liability and complex litigation enable him to represent injured passengers, families, and survivors of air crash disasters, whether occurring in commercial aviation (regularly scheduled carriers or charters) or general aviation (e.g., from corporate jets to single-engine piston aircraft).
Contact Mr. Gregory in Birmingham today.
The Gregory Law Firm, P.C. sees your case through from start to finish. Engage experienced attorney Steven P. Gregory to work with you in addressing your legal concerns. The firm’s offices are conveniently located near Highway 280 in northern Shelby County, Alabama. Call 205.799.0380 to arrange your consultation or contact the firm online.
Member of the International Referral Network (IR Global)